Affordable Housing Association of Nova Scotia, AHANS, has been actively involved in building affordable housing and in upgrading, protecting and better utilizing the province's existing housing stock since the mid-1980’s. We are a knowledge- and experience-based not-for-profit organization. We do each project well, learn from it, and do the next one better. We are active learners and teachers and gladly share our knowledge and experience through our housing research, education, advocacy and capacity building activities.
New and News!
In 2012, AHANS assumed a new role as a funding administrator:
- Community Entity of the Homelessness Partnering Strategy (HPS)
- Member of the Halifax Housing & Homelessness Partnership (HHP)
- Researcher: Health and Homelessness, Point in Time Counts, Housing Data, Neighborhood Studies
- Resource Team for Non-profit housing providers
Homelessness Partnership Strategy
Policy, Research, Development
"Our actions to eliminate housing poverty and homelessness must be multi-faceted. They must recognize all of the appropriate sectors – social, economic, health, education, justice, etc. – and must be pursued in ways that are co-operative, collaborative, comprehensive, systemic, and sustained. Isolated efforts that are not co-ordinated and directed with purpose would fall short and lead to failure."
- Grant Wanzel, Housing Poverty in Halifax 2017